"Personal blogs are really for girls anyway... right? "

So about 5 years ago I started my own blog hoping that it would serve as a nice place for family and friends to check-in and see what our little family was up to. I updated it every so often with pictures and video. After realizing that keeping a blog was a bit of an undertaking and with the discovery of Facebook and other social networking sites (which made this process easier and in some ways more enjoyable) I retired the blog and decided it was time to move on... besides personal blogs are really for girls anyway...right?

Well, I've had a change of heart. Facebook, while so much easier, ends up being a lot colder and impersonal than the blog medium. It is the well oiled, social networking machine of our day and I will continue to use it. However, there is something special about keeping a blog that makes it feel like I am sitting down and writing a letter to friends (though it's been so long since I've actually handwritten a letter to anyone I'm surprised I even know what that feels like).

So with that, I'm not promising daily posts, or even weekly for that matter, but I have a pretty great family and hey, a guy needs to brag every now and then.

2 comments:

Amber Joy said...

Yeah, for blogs. And don't worry, I know a few guys that have them :)

Fun and Festive said...

I'm glad you have a blog, Heather doesn't seem to update hers often, perhaps between the two of you I will get to see what is happening with you guys. I like your design and color choices, very masculine!!